Care Academy is pleased to announce the launch of our latest course, ‘Understanding Challenging Behaviour in Care’ which whilst being important in it’s own right, is perfectly timed to compliment our Level 2 Dementia course.
Given the estimate that some 70% of people living with dementia will exhibit some form of challenging behaviour during their lifetime, it will come as no surprise to discover that it’s a subject high on many care providers agenda.
Challenging Behaviour is a complex subject, so it’s reassuring to know that our course meets the requirements of Skills for Care Induction Standards, with the key learning outcomes being:
- Explain what challenging behaviour is and possible reasons for it occurring.
- List the different types of challenging or aggressive behaviour.
- Understand how to manage challenging/aggressive behaviour.
- Understand the importance of your own personal safety when working alone.
- Describe how to identify the risks and how to apply risk assessment procedures to your work.
To find out more about Care Academy please call 0330 995 0840 or contact us via our online form.