Care Academy has recently launched our Administration of Medication training course.
The course covers the Knowledge requirements of the Health & Social Care NVQ optional Unit 375, including:
- Legislation and organisational policy and procedures
- Drug storage (such as medical and legal regulations, local pharmacy policy)
- Drug handling, preparation and administration
- Health and safety when dealing with drugs (eg COSHH)
- Theory and practice
- Care and support
- Materials and equipment e.g. medication aids
- Reporting, recording and documentation
Written by industry experts and reviewed by CSCI (now CQC), the course will ensure staff receive training in line with national minimum standards and when supported with workplace supervision, will exceed inspection requirements.
To find out more about our Administration of Medication course please contact us.